MRUC - Purpose and Aim
Media Research Users Council (MRUC) is a registered not-for-profit body of members representing from major Advertisers, Advertising Agencies, Publishers, and Broadcast/Other Media.
The Council was formed to ensure:
- Periodic research is made available to its constituents, for measuring effectiveness of media for advertising.
- Research is relevant to meet the industry’s increasing need for reliable and accurate information on all media.
- Timely and economical research for its users.
The Council was formed with professionals who were keenly aware that media research should be conducted in an organised manner. The Council realised that a good media research must meet the following requirements:
- Research conducted at regular intervals.
- Capturing relevant information on growing media and product ownership/consumption based on industry needs.
- Well validated data, ensuring high levels of accuracy, adequate sample size, and good representation on sample spread
Purpose and Aim:
- To determine the needs and frequencies of research/ surveys required for assessment of various media for advertising.
- To conduct research/surveys into readership, viewership and listenership of various media for advertising. For example media vehicles like newspapers and periodicals, television, radio, hoardings and all other media which carry advertisements.
- To maintain and propagate highest possible standards of integrity, fairness and reliability in media research.
- To ensure that its output are not misused to convey a misleading impression by or to any party. To disseminate the findings of such research/surveys as mentioned in Point 2, through any medium with or without charge.
- To develop and disseminate software and other methods of handling media research and other data.
- To provide a forum for discussion and resolution of disputes and/or issues relating to media research.
- To provide, maintain and uphold fair, sound, ethical and healthy principles and practices of media research.
- To promote better understanding of the benefits of fair, sound and ethical media research amongst media, advertisers, advertising agencies and other media industries.
- To represent, protect, inform and guide members of the Council on matters relating to media research.