MRUC - Purpose and Aim
- To determine the needs and frequencies of research/ surveys required for assessment of various media for advertising.
- To conduct research/surveys into readership, viewership and listenership of various media for advertising. For example media vehicles like newspapers and periodicals, television, radio, hoardings and all other media which carry advertisements.
- To maintain and propagate highest possible standards of integrity, fairness and reliability in media research.
- To ensure that its output are not misused to convey a misleading impression by or to any party. To disseminate the findings of such research/surveys as mentioned in Point 2, through any medium with or without charge.
- To develop and disseminate software and other methods of handling media research and other data.
- To provide a forum for discussion and resolution of disputes and/or issues relating to media research.
- To provide, maintain and uphold fair, sound, ethical and healthy principles and practices of media research.
- To promote better understanding of the benefits of fair, sound and ethical media research amongst media, advertisers, advertising agencies and other media industries.
- To represent, protect, inform and guide members of the Council on matters relating to media research.